The Ruger SR-556E comes equipped with a new, lightweight, adaptable handguard which provides multiple options for mounting optics and other accessories. This new, round handguard features a full-length Picatinny rail at the 12:00 position, which aligns with the rail on the flattop receiver. The handguard also accepts sections of rail or handguard covers, which allow the user to configure the handguard to their exact requirements while minimizing size and weight.
The SR-556E still offers the basic features that make the Ruger SR-556 family a success. The two-stage piston operating system runs cooler and cleaner than gas driven rifles, and the multi-stage regulator allows the operator to tune the rifle to the specific ammunition. The cold hammer forged 41V45 barrel provides outstanding accuracy and longevity. The barrel is threaded 1/2-28 and is capped with the Ruger flash suppressor. The regulator, piston and piston bore are chrome plated, the transfer rod is nickel-Teflon coated, and the balance of the rifle is hard coat anodized or black oxide treated.
- Two-Stage Piston
- Gas Piston and Regulator: Adjustable, Four-Position Chrome-Plated
- Sights: Folding Back-Up Iron BattleSights™
- Buttstock: 6-Position, Telescoping M4-Style
- Barrel Material: Cold Hammer-Forged, Mil-Spec 41V45
- Barrel Lining: Chrome
- Includes Threaded Flash Suppressor
- Bolt Carrier Group: Chrome-Plated
- Pistol Grip: A2 Style
- Magazine: MAGPUL 30-Round PMAG
- Soft-Sided Case
TWO-STAGE PISTON WITH ADJUSTABLE REGULATOR provides a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm with superior operating endurance. The two-stage piston provides a smooth power delivery stroke to the bolt carrier. The four position gas regulator can be adjusted for optimum reliability and superior operating endurance. The gas system may be closed completely for manual operation during training or when using a suppressor.
- Caliber: 5.56mm NATO / 223 Rem.
- Stock: Black Synthetic Collapsible
- Finish: Black Oxide / Hardcoat Anodized
- Sights: Rapid Deploy Sights
- Height: 7.25 in.
- Barrel Length: 16.12 in.
- Overall Length: 32.75 – 36.00 in.
- Width: 2.50 in.
- Weight: 7.36 lbs.
- Twist: 1:9 RH
- Grooves: 6
- Length of Pull: 10.25 – 13.50
- Capacity: 30