What’s in the Box
- Ruger Precision Rimfire 22LR Bolt-Action Rifle
- (1) Magazine
- Gun Lock
- Owner’s Manual
Bringing the big-gun experience to the rimfire world, the Ruger Precision Rimfire in Barrett Brown is a scaled down version of the Ruger Precision Rifle® and maintains the same ergonomics, trigger and manual of arms as the larger centerfire rifle. The Ruger Precision Rimfire is the ideal long-range shooting trainer and go-to rifle for your next rimfire match.
The Ruger Precision Rimfire features a molded, one-piece chassis and adjustable buttstock assembly manufactured from glass-filled nylon for strength, stiffness and stability, offering a solid foundation for accuracy each and every shot. The innovative Quick-Fit adjustable Precision Rimfire stock allows the rifle’s length of pull and comb height to be quickly and easily adjusted for proper fit over a wide range of shooter sizes, outerwear and shooting positions. Indicating marks molded into the chassis help you quickly return to a previous position.
To make the .22 LR chambering feel more like 6.5 Creedmoor, Ruger engineers designed the Big-Gun adjustable bolt throw technology. By simply removing a spring clip, shooters can change from a rimfire 1-1/2″ bolt throw to a short-action centerfire 3″ bolt throw, reducing the chance of short-stroking the bolt in competition. Identical to the Ruger Precision Rifle, the oversized bolt handle makes for positive bolt manipulation.
The rifle’s 18″ target barrel is cold hammer-forged from 4140 alloy steel to create ultra-precise rifling for excellent accuracy. The 1/2″-28 thread pattern allows for easy pairing with the Silent-SR® suppressor or other muzzle devices. The 15″ hard black anodized aluminum, free-float handguard features Magpul® M-LOK® slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance and easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories.
The popular Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger has a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 pounds; the adjusting wrench is conveniently stored in a buttstock compartment on the rifle. Ruger’s own AR-pattern pistol grip and safety selector allow for maximum control and access to the 45 degree, reversible safety selector.
The Precision Rimfire ships with one, 15-round BX-15® magazine. For increased long-range elevation capabilities, the rifle is topped with a 30 MOA Picatinny scope base.
- Molded, one-piece chassis and adjustable buttstock assembly are manufactured with glass-filled nylon for strength, stiffness and stability, making a solid foundation for accuracy each and every shot. Adjustable buttstock features a flat Picatinny bag rider making it easy to affix a rear monopod. A molded-in window provides a tether point for your squeeze bag, and a metal QD pocket makes it easy to secure a sling
- Quick-Fit adjustable Precision Rimfire stock allows length of pull and comb height to be quickly and easily adjusted to get proper fit over a wide range of shooter sizes, outerwear and shooting positions. Indicating marks molded into the chassis help you quickly return to a previous position.
- Big-Gun bolt throw adjustment enables shooters to change from a rimfire 1-1/2” bolt throw to a short-action centerfire 3” bolt throw, reducing the chance of short-stroking your bolt in competition.
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger has a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 pounds; adjusting wrench is stored in a buttstock compartment.
- Ruger’s own AR-Pattern pistol grip and safety selector incorporates an extended reach for maximum control and access to the 45 degree, reversible safety selector. May be configured with most AR-style grips and selectors.
- Anodized Picatinny scope base includes 30 MOA elevation for increased long-range capabilities out of the box.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation (same as the Ruger Precision Rifle®).
- 15″ free-float M-LOK® handguard is made of hard black anodized aluminum and features M-LOK® slots on all four sides, for improved scope clearance and easy mounting of M-LOK® compatible rails and accessories.
- 18″ target barrel is cold hammer-forged from 4140 alloy steel to create ultra precise rifling for excellent accuracy. Barrels can be replaced easily by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
- Threaded barrel (1/2″-28) for standard muzzle accessories, like the Silent-SR® suppressor, comes with a factory-installed thread protector covering both the threads and crown.
- Accepts all 10/22® magazines.
- Also includes: one, 15-round BX-15® magazine.
- Model Number: 8406
- Caliber: 22 LR
- Stock: Quick-Fit Precision Rimfire Adjustable
- Capacity: 15
- Barrel Length: 18″
- Overall Length: 35.13″ – 38.63″
- Grip: AR-Pattern
- Handguard: Free-Float M-LOK® Aluminum
- Handguard Finish: Flat Dark Earth
- Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28
- Length of Pull: 12″ – 15.50″
- Sights: None-Rail Installed
- Barrel: Threaded Cold Hammer-Forged 4140 Alloy Steel
- Weight: 6.8 lb.
- Twist: 1:16″ RH
- Grooves: 6
There are no reviews yet.