Now available in a state compliant model that is legal in Colorado, Hawaii, and New Jersey, The Ruger® AR-556® Compliant semi-automatic, M4-style, direct impingement Modern Sporting Rifle offers consumers an affordable, American-made Modern Sporting Rifle with the rugged reliability they have come to expect from Ruger. Extensively tested during its development, the AR-556® is constructed from top-quality components, including forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers and a cold hammer-forged chrome-moly steel barrel with M4 feed ramp cuts. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the AR-556’s carbine-length, flat-top, M4 design is fully configured with a Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight, milled F-height gas block with post front sight, forward assist, dust cover, brass deflector, improved trigger-reach grip, enlarged trigger guard and one 10-round magazine. Standardized M4/AR components are utilized throughout, so the AR-556® can be customized easily.
- The milled gas block is located at a carbine length (M4) position for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket for many sling mounting options. Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low glare surface.
- The handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.
- The front sight post is elevation adjustable, and a front sight tool is included. The A-2 Style F-Height allows co-witness with many optics. The Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight provides windage adjustability and is a solid, reliable aiming system when coupled with the elevation adjustable front sight. The rear sight can be folded out of the way to make room for optics but can be instantly redeployed if needed.
- The 16.1 inch medium contour barrel is cold hammer-forged providing ultra-precise rifling for exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. The 1:8 twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. ammunition. M4 feed ramps provide improved operational reliability and the matte black oxide finish reduces glare and provides corrosion resistance.
- The ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow for gloved shooting.
- The chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
- Includes one 10-round metal magazine.
- Model Number: 8502 | AR-556 Compliant
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / 223 Rem
- Stock: Black Synthetic Fixed
- Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Front Sight: Adjustable Post
- Height: 8.00 in.
- Rear Sight: Adjustable Ruger® Rapid Deploy
- Weight: 7.10 lbs.
- Barrel Length: 16.1 in.
- Overall Length: 34.4 in.
- Thread Pattern: N/A
- Grooves: 6
- Length of Pull: 13.5 in.
- Capacity: 10
- Twist: 1:8 RH
- Width: 2.5 in.
There are no reviews yet.