Sturm, Ruger & Company is proud to introduce the new Ruger 10/22 Takedown with target barrel. This newest introduction shares all the popular attributes of the 10/22 Takedown line. Readily separated into two subassemblies, the 10/22 Takedown offers a convenient transport and storage option for the popular Ruger 10/22. As reliable and accurate as every 10/22, the 10/22 Takedown makes it even easier to keep America’s favorite rimfire rifle by your side. The barrel and forend of the 10/22 Takedown are easily separated from the action and buttstock by pushing a recessed lever, twisting the subassemblies and pulling them apart. Reassembly is the reverse of takedown, and is quick and easy. The friction fit lockup of the assembly joint is simple to adjust, but will rarely need re-adjustment after the first assembly. The lockup is secure and repeatable, ensuring an accurate return to zero, even when receiver-mounted optics are used.
The Ruger 10/22 Takedown with target barrel features a .920” diameter, 16.10” cold hammer-forged barrel. The barrel is fluted for weight reduction, features a 1/2”-28 threaded muzzle and is fitted with a thread cap. This new target barrel takedown model also incorporates the Ruger Modular Stock System and comes with both low and high comb, standard length of pull modules.
The Ruger 10/22 Takedown with target barrel is shipped in a convenient carrying case, which provides ample storage with extra pockets and magazine pouches. Multiple attachment points for the padded, single shoulder strap offer different carrying options. The 5.5-pound Ruger 10/22 Takedown is 34.50” long when assembled; each subassembly is less than 20.25” long when disassembled. Utilizing the standard 10/22 action and ten-round rotary magazine (one magazine is provided), the Ruger 10/22 Takedown offers legendary 10/22 reliability in a compact and portable package.
- Firearm Features
- Easy takedown enables quick separation of the barrel from the action for ease of transportation and storage. Takedown is as simple as locking the bolt back and verifying that the rifle is unloaded, pushing a recessed lever, twisting the subassemblies and pulling them apart.
- Simple reassembly allows for a secure connection of the barrel and action and returns the firearm to zero, even when receiver-mounted optics are used, ensuring consistent accuracy, shot after shot.
- Patented, detachable 10-round rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding.
- Legendary action, a tried and true Ruger design, ensures consistent, reliable performance.
- Combination scope base adapter for both Weaver-style and .22 tip-off scope mounts included.
- Easy-to-use extended magazine release provides smooth, no-fuss removal of flush-mounted magazine.
- Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety.
- Heat-stabilized, glass-filled, polymer trigger housing assembly is precision-made of high-tech material for improved manufacturing tolerances, impact and abrasion-resistance and unmatched ability to withstand the elements.
- Precision-rifled, cold hammer-forged barrel with .920” diameter target barrel that is fluted for weight reduction, features a 1/2”-28 threaded muzzle and is fitted with a thread protector.
- Rugged, weather-resistant stainless steel barrel and composite stock.
- Also includes: Convenient carry-case, which provides ample storage with extra pockets and magazine pouches.
- Features the Ruger Modular Stock System with a low comb, standard length of pull and a threaded, fluted target barrel (ships with an additional high comb, standard length of pull stock module).
- Model Number: 21133
- Caliber: 22 LR
- Stock: Black Synthetic
- Front Sight: None
- Rear Sight: None
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Barrel Feature: .920” Diameter Threaded Fluted Target
- Thread Pattern: 1/2”-28
- Capacity: 10
- Twist: 1:16” RH
- Finish: Satin Black
- Overall Length: 34.62”
- Barrel Length: 16.10”
- Weight: 5.3 lbs.
- Grooves: 6